- CalFresh (also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP) is a nutrition assistance program sponsored by the USDA that helps people purchase healthy foods. The program issues monthly electronic benefits on an EBT card that can be used at most grocery stores and farmer’s markets!
- Eligibility: Explore the many different ways you can be eligible for CalFresh.
- UCI Basic Needs Center offers CalFresh Application Assistance
- Location: 800 W Peltason Dr. Irvine, CA 92617
- Phone: 949-473-2806
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Earned Income Tax Credit
- The California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) gives you a refund or reduced your owed if you work and have low income.
The Young Child Tax Credit
- If you qualify for CalEITC (see above) and have a child under the age of 6, you may also qualify for a refundable tax credit through the Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC).
CA Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- Promotes the health of low-income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding people, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods and referrals to health care. You may qualify if you receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKs (TANF), or CalFresh (SNAP) benefits.